January is here, and it’s the perfect time to step back and take a look at your cycling life. Ask yourself: what do you want to get out of bike riding, and what do you need to do to get there?
Though the idea of making New Year’s Resolutions can seem cliché, the dawn of a brand new annual cycle really is a smart time to re-evaluate, re-focus and revitalise. Especially for cyclists, who quite often struggle with motivation in the colder months but have ambitions for the summer.
Now we’re in January, those summer goals are close enough that you can taste them, but far enough away that if you get serious and start planning now you’ve got plenty of time to prepare.
To help you out, we’ve created an index of some of the most useful advice articles on TWC to help you reach your goals.
Not yet a cyclist, but would like to be one? Welcome! We wholeheartedly recommend you join the club. Cycling is a great way to get fit, without putting excess stress on your joints like higher impact sports such as running. If you commute by bike, you could save money and time as well as help the environment out.
These articles might suit you…
- Making that first purchase: Buying a Women’s Bike: Do you want a road, hybrid or mountain bike?
- Basics per discipline: Beginner Road Cyclist 101: All you need to know, Beginner Mountain Biker 101: All you need to know and Beginner Commute Cyclist 101: All you need to know
- Getting comfortable: How to Set Your Saddle Height, How to Set Up Saddle Angle and How to Choose a Saddle plus Common Cycling Niggles and Bike Fit Fixes and How to Adjust the Reach on Road Bike Shifters for Small Hands
- Mechanics: 7 Irrefutable Reasons to Learn Bike Mechanics, How to Change an Inner Tube and How to Repair and Inner Tube, plus Six Reasons You Keep Getting Punctures, 5 Bad Habits That Wear Your Bike Out and How to Use Your Gears Efficiently. Videos on some basics here also.
- Don’t get lonely: How to Find a Group to Cycle With and 10 Dos and Don’ts of Your First Club Ride