All the oaty goodness of flapjacks, with added dark chocolate decadence. This is the luxury version. You can nibble this on the trail as a pick me up, or have them waiting for you at the end of your ride – that’ll motivate you to keep riding!
- 250g margarine or unsalted butter
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 110g golden syrup
- 500g porridge oats
- Zest of 1 – 2 oranges
- Juice of ½ an orange
- 150g of dark chocolate, pieces or drops
1. Melt and mix the butter, sugar and golden syrup
2. Add this mixture to the oats in a separate bowl, and mix thoroughly.
3. Add the orange juice and zest, mix, and allow to cool thoroughly.
4. Mix in the dark chocolate pieces
5. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
6. Smooth mixture into greased baking tray, pressing down firmly
7. Cook for 30 minutes, or until the top becomes a lovely golden brown colour
8. Remove, allow to cool, and cut into chunks
Attempt not to eat all at once!
Healthy Flapjack Recipe Hints and Tips:
Try changing the dark chocolate and orange for white chocolate and dried raspberry or cranberry, or lemon and poppyseed.
Liked this? You are bound to love these recipes: