Team Sky’s lead Nutritionist Nigel Mitchell, has a knack for making great tasting, fuelling rice cakes for his team. We had a stab at making our own to share this great recipe of his with you.
Rice cakes are great as they can be flavoured however you like, with the pistachios here giving a sweet but nutty flavoured kick. They’re a great fresh savoury snack to have whilst out and about on the bike and can be easily wrapped in foil and, popped straight into the back of your jersey pocket!
– 500g of short grain risotto rice
– 1 litre of water
– 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
– 1 teaspoon of sugar
– 300g low-fat cream cheese
– 1 teaspoon of coconut oil (optional if you like the taste)
– 1 teaspoon of honey or agave nectar
– 100g of American pistachios, de-shelled and chopped