These are absolutely perfect if you’re short on time, and need to cook up a batch to fuel a hard day of cycling. The amounts below will make about two batches, but of course this will depend a bit on the size of your microwave.
- 200g unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons of golden syrup
- 200 g of soft brown sugar
- 450g oats
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
1. Place the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a microwave-proof bowl.
2. Microwave the mixture for 1 or 2 minutes until melted, then remove and stir thoroughly
3. Allow the mixture to cool for 5 minutes, and then mix in the oats, baking powder and eggs.
4. Place half the mixture in a greased microwaveable shallow dish.
5. Cook in the microwave at high power until the mixture is dry. This usually takes 4 to 5 minutes
6. Remove, and allow to cool.
7. Turn out of dish; cut into pieces, wrap and you’re ready to go!
Healthy Flapjack Recipe Hints and Tips:
This recipe will make approximately two batches, though this will slightly depend on the size of your baking dish and microwave.
As with all flapjack recipes, experimentation is encouraged! Try adding fruit, nuts, chocolate, and seeds – go wild!