These tasty, oaty bites are vegan, and – if you make sure you go for gluten free oats – wheat-free too! The sweetness comes from the apple and banana, and you can play with amounts or add other ingredients like nuts or coconut for a bit of variety.
The amounts below will make about 15 bites, depending on how big you make them.
- 3 mashed bananas
- 2 cups of oats
- 1/3 of a cup of apple sauce (1 cooking apple, cooked and mashed)
- 1/4 of a cup of almond milk (or rice/soya milk)
- 1/2 a cup of raisins or sultanas
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
1. Place all the ingredients in a bowl, and mix thoroughly
2. Grease or line a baking tray
3. Spoon out mixture into individual bites
4. Cook for 15 – 20 minutes at 180 degrees
5. Remove, allow to cool, and enjoy!
Healthy Flapjack Recipe Hints and Tips:
Try adding ingredients like coconut or other dried fruit. If you want more of a protein kick, try adding a protein powder to the mix.