The first piece out of the postman’s bag is the women’s original rain jacket, based on the men’s phenominally popular version, one of company’s founding products. We were sent the indigo version, with contrast yellow zippers, logos and flashes of Vulpine green hidden under the pocket flaps.
The original rain jacket is teeming with cycle specific technical features, it’s hard to know where to start. Cycle commuters are well protected from the elements with the jacket’s “Epic Cotton”; silicone-coated cotton fibres seeing off any rain and wind, and a foldaway drop tail will keep your derriere dry if you ride sans mudguards.
You’ll never struggle with storage as pockets abound, in places where you actually need them. We love the flapped zippered pocket on the left arm with carabiner inside to stash your keys for easy access. No one wants to rifle through a bag in the pouring rain to open your front door. It really is the little touches that count!
Features not to be missed on Vulpine’s women’s original rain jacket:
- All pockets are zippered, finished off with flaps that close with magnetic buttons for extra security
- Subtle reflective detailing on shoulders, fold-up cuffs with highly reflective Scotchlite interior provide good visibility
- Ventilation is provided by an open back between the shoulders with breathable mesh fabric
- Adjustable neck, waist and hip with discreet Vulpine toggles, help fit the jacket to your own shape
- Reflective light holder tab on rear of jacket
Sizes available: XS (UK size 8), S (10), M (12), L (14)
Colour options: Indigo, Military Green
Price: £195 (Pre-orders start 28th August for delivery late September)
More information: Vulpine