We get a sneak peek of the spring/ summer 2014 collection from Veela, a brand conceived, designed and manufactured in Italy. Here are my first impressions:
- The jersey and shorts feature a material that looks like lace. Their website is quick to dismiss it as being lace, stating it’s a 4-way stretch mesh dressed up to look like lace! As Veela’s slogan is ‘Dress up your movement’ which could perhaps explain the novel design.
- The jersey has one long rear pocket accessed from the right hand side as opposed to the traditional three. There is an additional waterproof zipped pocket on the rear and a front flapped pocket for essentials, perhaps the lipbalm that comes free with each item.
- The jersey is rather revealing due to the lace panels down the sides of the torso. On the up side, it could perhaps aid ventilation!
- Both the jersey and shorts are silky soft! The lycra is light, super stretchy and feels incredibly comfortable on.
- The chamois pad used in the shorts is by Cytech, one of the best manufacturers of pads on the market. Great to see Veela using quality components for their kit!