Started in 2009 by two passionate cyclists, Morvelo Bicycle Apparel began life as a range of cool and distinctive cycling themed t-shirts. They’ve grown over the years and now have a select but popular range of performance cycle wear encompassing bib tights, jerseys, arm warmers, and various other garments and accessories.
Although not extensive, their women’s range is characterised by stylish design, and a great reputation for quality.
Part of the ethos of the brand is an all encompassing love for cycling in all its forms; they don’t focus on just road, MTB or cyclocross, but design their garments to be suitable for all of the above and more. In fact, with their company motto as ‘Ride Everything’ you can get a sense of what they are all about.
We’ve got in a selection of kit to test and review, so here are our first impressions of the Women’s Classic Thermoactive 3/4 Bib Shorts, Flowline Longsleeve Thermoactive Jersey, and Retina Burn Arm Warmers.
- The soft fleece-lined lycra that both the jersey and shorts are made off will help keep the warmth in when riding in the cold, and feels lovely next to the skin.
- The bib straps sit between the boobs at the front of the shorts.
- There are plenty of pockets on the Flowline Jersey; three open and one zipped, so there should be plenty of room for carrying gels, snacks and other bits and pieces.
- The sleeves of the jersey are loose fit rather than skin tight, so there’s plenty of room for movement, or layering.
- Incredibly bright and highly visible, the aptly-named Retina Burn Arm Warmers should be great for giving you both warmth and increased visibility on the road in the spring months.