The young Scottish cyclist is renowned for her psychedelic hair, her humorous social media banter and, of course, for being a pretty awesome cyclist.
She’s racked up a fair few achievements in her time including, 2017 World Champion Omnium, 2017 Great Britain National Champion Criterium, 2016 Olympic Champion Team Pursuit and the 2014 World Champion Team Pursuit.
Riding for Wiggle High5 this year along with teammate, Elinor Barker, here are a few things you may not have known about Miss Archibald…
- My half-sister, Rosie, (who I met when I was 7 years old) has also represented Great Britain, as a runner at the European cross country champs.
- My cousin, Theo Archibald, is a professional football player.
- My older brother John is a recent talent ‘breakthrough’ in the cycling world.
- I had to take out my nipple piercing when I had surgery (on my arm…) last year and it closed up by the time I remembered to put it back in. I also used to have my tongue, lip, back and all over my ears pierced.
- I have a tattoo on my back designed around a Scroobius Pip quote; “But it’s said that observation, not old age, brings wisdom / And I observe every single life lesson I’m given.” It’s from “Waiting For The Beat To Kick In” and the entire 7 minutes is very quotable.
Katie is currently nursing a broken collarbone after a nasty crash at the Tour de Yorkshire earlier this month – Wishing you a speedy recovery, Katie!
You may also enjoy: