Do you know a local sports woman who deserves to be recognised? Is there a professional athlete that has really inspired you and deserves more recognition? Give them the support they deserve and raise a flag for sportswomen everywhere by nominating them for the BT Action Woman of the Year Award.
The BT Action Woman of the Year Award has been set up to help encourage women’s sport, and celebrate the amazing achievements of female athletes.
Last years winner was none other than Double World Champion mountain biker Rachel Atherton, truly a superstar of the sport. But this award applies equally to the unsung grassroots performers who are making a difference, yet don’t get as much publicity as the big names out there.
How to Nominate
Do you have someone in mind? You can submit your nomination online, just follow these simple steps.
1. Pick your sportswoman, and write up to 500 words on what they’ve achieved, and why you think they should be considered for the BT Action Woman of the Year Awards. Your nominated person needs to be from the UK or have dual nationality.
2. Send a tweet with a link to your nomination on Twitter, using the hashtag #BTActionWoman
3. Don’t have an online blog to post it on? Don’t worry! Email your nominations to us, we’ll pop them up online and you can nominate them that way! Send them through to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Nominating a local star? Make sure you include a photo of them, specify their name, and a contact email address and phone number.
5. The deadline is Friday 5th September, so get your thinking caps on.
6. Finally, spread the word! Lets give women in sport the recognition they deserve!
Nominate and Win!
As an added bonus, everyone who puts forward a nomination has the chance to win some awesome prizes, including tickets to Premier League Football matches, Premiership Rugby and FA Women’s Super League matches.
Find out more: Nominate someone for the BT Action Woman Awards.
Like this? You’ll love these!