The crescent pose with twist releases tension from the spine, neck and shoulders.
How to do the crescent pose with twist:
- From Crescent Pose with the right foot forwards, take the left hand to the floor next to the right foot.
- As you inhale extend the right arm up towards the ceiling, keep the front knee over the front ankle.
- Lean the upper body back away from the front knee and turn to look up towards the top hand.
- Stay here for up to 5 breaths then release and repeat on the other side.
What to watch out for:
- Keep the front knee directly over the ankle joint.
- For more intensity try tucking the back toes under and lifting the back knee away from the floor.
- Knee problems: If you have any pain in the knee joint then release off straight away. Pad the back knee if the pressure on the floor causes discomfort.
- Neck injuries: Keep the head in a neutral position.
- Pregnancy: Avoid.
Our instructor is Polly Clark; yoga teacher and founder of Mountain Yoga Breaks who offer weekends combining mountain biking and yoga in the beautiful Welsh countryside.