Le Col is a British cycling clothing brand, which was launched by professional cyclist Yanto Barker in 2009. Having never had the brand on the site before, we were really eager to check it out. Although they’ve don’t have a huge women’s range available on the site, the style of each garment is stylish and classy.
It’s planning to expand its range shortly so keep an eye out for more from Le Col!
Here our are first impressions of the kit…
Le Col Jersey
- There’s a full length zip with a useful zip garage, which prevents the dreaded chafe under your chin.
- With two different types of lightweight lycra; yellow fine light (very eye catching for on the road) and black with fine vent holes, the jersey feels soft and appears to be pretty breathable. The yellow detail here adds just the right amount of colour.
- Although the jersey has two main back pockets and a smaller zip pocket, the back pockets appear to be slightly smaller than the average road jersey.
- The logo is subtle and not too ‘in your face’.
Le Col Shorts:
- The shorts have a high waisted back, making them appear comfortable and secure.
- The stitches are flatlocked which will help prevent chafing.
- With Italian made chamois, the shorts seem breathable and comforting next to the skin.
- There’s extra reflective detail at the back and on the sides for added visibility.
Price: jersey £79.99, shorts £79.99, available from Le Col.
Check out first impressions of the new Aquapac Waterproof Duffel.
Looking for an affordable jersey? We’ve hand picked 8 of the Best Value Road Jerseys.
And if it’s your bike that needs the attention, you will find some great accessories in our Buyers Guide: Road Bike Accessories.