The final two teams competing in the inaugural and historic Women’s Tour have been announced, completing a prestigious line up of some of the finest professional cycling teams in the world.
The Swiss National Team, and Spanish pro-cycling team Lointek, take the final spaces in the 16 team line up for what will undoubtedly be not only a world class road cycling event, but an amazing spectacle.
The Women’s Tour kicks off in less than two months, starting from Oundle in Northamptonshire on the 7th May, and finishing in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, on the 11th May. Along the way, the pro-peloton will pass through some of the most scenic parts of the UK, including Bedfordshire, Leicestershire, Essex and Hertfordshire.
Having been awarded 2:1 classification by the UCI, this event now sits in the upper echelons of international racing in terms of prestige, and ranks on a par with the men’s Tour of Britain.
It’s going to be an amazing event!
The Women’s Tour 2014 – List of Participating Teams
- Astana Bepink Women’s Team (Ita)
- Boels Dolmans Cycling Team (Ned)
- Hitec Products (Nor)
- Estado de Mexico Faren (Mex)
- Great Britain (GBr)
- Lotto Belisol Ladies (Bel)
- Matrix Fitness – Vulpin (GBr)
- Netherlands (Ned)
- Optum P/B Kelly Benefit Strategies (USA)
- Orica – AIS (Aus)
- Rabo Liv Women’s Cycling Team (Ned)
- Specialized – Lululemon (USA)
- UnitedHealthcare Professional Cycling Team (USA)
- Wiggle Honda (GBr)
- Switzerland (Sui)
- Lointek (Esp)