Summer is the perfect time to head out for a road cycling holiday in the mountains. The French Alps are one of the most popular destinations, but there are lots of others to choose from like our those listed in our Top Road Cycling Holiday Destinations guide.
Our Ultimate Road Cycling Holiday Checklist will ensure you have everything you need to tackle those cols and climbs in style. Print it out and use it for some ultra-organised packing.
Not the right type of cycling? We’ve also got the Ultimate Mountain Biking Holiday Checklist.
Whether you are going on a women’s only cycling holiday, a D.I.Y trip, or a staying in a fully catered chalet, making sure you have everything you need eliminates stress so you can enjoy the experience.
Flying out to the Alps? Don’t forget to Check the Cost of Transporting Your Bike by Plane and get it booked before you go.
Open Gallery1 Images
The Total Women’s Cycling Ultimate Road CyclingHoliday Checklist
Before you go:
– Bike service
– Pre-book bike space on flight
Essential personal items and electronics:
– EHIC Card
– Credit Card
– Flight details / boarding card
– Mobile phone + charger
– Helmet camera + charger
– Laptop + charger
– Plug socket adaptors
– Wash kit
– Personal medication
– Insect repellent
– First Aid Kit
– Energy bars/products
– Hydration tablets
– Chamois cream
– Beany or hat
– Jumper/warm jacket
– Swim kit
– Evening shoes/flip flops
– Cycling glasses
– Cycling cap or thin warm hat
– Cycling shorts or bib shorts (x2 or more)
– Cycling tights or bib tights (x1 or more)
– Short sleeved jersey (x2 or more)
– Long sleeved jersey (x1 or more)
– Waterproof Jacket
– Windproof Jacket or Race Cape
– Long sleeved base layer
– Short sleeved base layer
– Warm mid-layer
– Full finger gloves
– Camelback or similar (optional)
– Arm warmers
– Leg warmers
In your saddle bag or on your bike:
– 750ml water bottle (x2) & bottle cages
– Multi tool with chain breaker
– Tyre levers
– Powerlinks for chain
– Small bike lock
– Duct tape
– Zip ties
– Lights (for tunnels, poor weather)
– Pedals and saddle (if renting a bike)
– Bike computer
– Brake pads (2 spare sets or more)
– Inner tubes (4+)
– Spare mech hanger/rear dropout
– Spare rear derailleur
– Gear and brake cables
– Cleats and bolts for cleats
– Spare spokes
– Tyre (may want to bring wet weather option)
– Tool kit (Allen keys, chain splitter, x-head screwdriver, pedal spanner, spoke key, adjustable spanner, torx key for brake disc rotors, crank extractor, cassette lockring tool, puncture repair kit, chain lube)
Like this? You’ll also love these!
Don’t forget your Cycling Holiday Travel Insurance!
Get everything you need with our Buyers Guide to Road Bike Accessories.
10 Cycling Shoes for Every Budget has you covered for footwear.
No need to break the bank with these Road Bikes For Under £1000.