We love baking ride goodies to fuel us for our cycling adventures, and we also love making recovery creations for the post-ride fill-up too. This spring, we’ve fallen in love with the highly underestimated fruit: cherries.
Having teamed up with the cherry experts, USA Montmorency Tart Cherries, we’ve learnt that not only do they taste good, there’s a wealth of nutritional and body benefits to be gained by introducing these little red orbs into your diet.
With the expert’s help, we’ve been busy whipping up a storm in the kitchen with a number of delicious cherry recipes to boost your pedal power, and soothe your aching muscles whilst remaining healthy, and easy to make. The video recipe series will cover:
- Montmorency Tart Cherry Matcha Smoothie
- Double chocolate cherry cookies (watch here)
- Tart Cherry power gummies
- Tart Cherry Smoothie Bowl
- Basil cherry cucumber quinoa salad picnic jar
Tart Cherry Matcha Smoothie: You’ll need…
- 4 oz filtered water
- 1 small banana
- 1/2 cup pineapple (fresh or canned in juice)
- 1/2 cup frozen Montmorency Tart Cherries
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
This could not be simpler, just place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately and enjoy!