There’s a lot of stigma around electric bikes, a lot of people question how they’re any better than riding a normal bicycle. Electric bikes are simply bicycles with a battery at the back, however many cyclists are instantly put off by the idea that they are more expensive to purchase, promote less exercise and, are heavier to handle when the motor is off.
The concept isn’t for everyone but they are a great option for commuters in busy urban areas or those with ailments that forbid them from putting additional pressure on the knees when you are climbing for example. So if you love cycling, the fresh air and free transport, listen up!
- Your commute could be quicker. You will most likely find that your journey door-to-door is shortened in length because of the extra help from the motor.
- You don’t sweat as much. Electric bikes give you a higher road speed and a greater air flow, meaning you can easily wear the same set of clothes you want to wear to work without arriving like a sweaty betty.
- Great for busy urban areas. The extra speed and acceleration means that you can easily stop and start in traffic and at junctions.
- They’re fun to ride! It’s a much different experience to riding any other type of bike. It gives you the chance to sit back, relax and take in the surroundings you might not have noticed before on your journey.
- It’s much less effort. You won’t get as easily tired on your journey when the motor is on.
- You can turn the motor on and off. You basically get two bikes in one. This means you can have a leisurely cycle to work and then turn the motor off for a good workout on your journey home.
- Hills. Yes, they are much easier to conquer on an electric bicycle.
- Carrying your shopping is bliss. The electric bike does the hard work for you here as the bike doesn’t require your power to move.
- Less impact. Riding an electric bike is much less damaging to your knees and joints, meaning it’s a great option for people of all ages and health. The general upright seating position of them also can reduce back and neck pain.
- They’re considered bicycles under UK Law. You don’t need a driver’s license to ride one and they can be used in bicycle lanes.
Liked The Benefits of Riding an Electric Bike? Check these out!