We all have those days when something tries to get in the way of us riding. Whether getting on the saddle feels like too much effort or the weather is not very welcoming, we’ve got some great tips on how to beat the bike blues and stay motivated.
Because let’s face it, you know once you get out and embrace the fresh air your day immediately gets better!
- Arrange to meet friends. Now you have to go because no one likes a letdown!
- Choose a goal. Have a sportive, race or challenge to work towards which will keep you focused.
- Be prepared. Get all your gear organised and ready the night before the ride. Fill your water bottle, lay out your clothes and give your bike a quick check! It’ll be one less thing to change help change your mind in the morning.
- Give back. Cycling for a charitable cause. This way you have a constant reminder that you’re privileged to be able to ride whenever you want, unlike others.
- Put your kit on. This will get your body pumping for the ride and there’s no way you’re taking all those layers off now.
- Shout about it. Tell everyone you know that you’re planning on going for a ride. They will soon find out if you didn’t go, so the only option is to get on the bike!
- FOMO. Check your Strava (or get the app) to see what your cycling friends are up to. The fear of missing out (FOMO) will have you itching to get out.
- No such thing as bad weather. Have the attitude that as long as the weather isn’t too wet, the ride must go on!
- Join a cycling club. You won’t want to let others down and you’ll be wanting to keep on top of your training and performance.
- Value for money. Remind yourself how expensive the bike was. You need to get your money’s worth, right?
- Feel good. Remember the satisfaction and feeling of freedom you get from cycling.
- Reward yourself. Sometimes food is the best bike motivation. Think about what cafe you will stop at for a coffee and slice of cake mid route.
- Mix it up. Keep your rides exciting, explore new routes and unknown areas. Cycling should never be a chore!
- Singalong. Make a music playlist for your ride. Press play when you need to boost bike motivation.
- Take a look at all the DIY that needs to be done in your home and then take the easy option…to ride instead!
Enjoyed 15 Tips on How to Boost Bike Motivation? We think you will love these too!