Here at TWC we harbour many talents – we can hunt out bike related news, change a tyre with tea spoons (not that we’d advise it – bad for the rim) and ride on rollers for a whole 20 seconds (ahem. whilst being supported by the doorframe).
We don’t claim to be the best in the world in the kitchen – mainly because after a long day tappety-tapping on the keyboard and a good ol’ training ride, often our primary concerns are:
1) Is it quick?
2) Is it tasty?
3) Is it nutritious?
With this in mind, we plan to bring you a selection of 15 minute wonders that meet these three needs. The first of which is our favourite mini omelette muffins.
Eggs are a complete protein. In fact, a whole egg contains 18 amino acids, including all the ‘essential’ amino acids which help to ensure protein is delivered quickly and effectively. Add in some veg for extra nutrients and you’re on to a winner in the nutrition stakes.
All you’ll need is below – these quantities will make 12 morsels of yum:
1) Eggs (we used 5)
2) Self raising flour (we used 3 table spoons)
3) Milk (we used half a cup)
4) Ham, mushroom, tomatoes, spinach or other – to taste
5) Salt, pepper, and herbs or spices to taste – we’d suggest Chinese 5 Spice, Basil or Paprika
6) Cooking oil – we used coconut oil, but butter will work too