Amazing work is being done by women’s initiatives, bike shops and cycling groups to really showcase women’s cycling. With events being held to encourage, educate and promote our sport, we’re seeing more women picking up a bike and finding their own two wheeled adventures.
Earlier this year, The Broken Spoke Bike Co-op held a day long event celebrating women’s cycling in all its glory. With guest speakers, demonstrations and a welcoming atmosphere, the event was a great success with a roomful of women socialising and sharing their passion for cycling.
We’re delighted to see the event is back, and this time, for two full days of women’s cycling fun. The Oxford based event will be hosted by The Broken Spoke Bike Co-op in partnership with women’s cycling powerhouse, The Adventure Syndicate.
The event will be held over the 4th and 5th March 2017, just ahead of International Women’s Day, with there guest speakers already confirmed for the event:
• Josie Dew (author and veteran cycle tourer)
• Isla Rowntree (designer and founder of Islabikes)
• Maryam Amatullah (award-winning cycle trainer)
• Alex Feechan (designer and founder of Findra clothing)
• Karen Gee (creator of Cycle Sprog family cycling website)
• Laura Moss (founder of the Cycle Touring Festival)
• Jools Walker (cycle style blogger and presenter)