Love women’s cycling? Love writing? Bursting with article ideas? Ready to play a pivotal role in getting more women on bikes? We want to hear from you…
We’re looking for a new junior staff writer to join the Total Women’s Cycling team. The main purpose of the role is to produce new and exciting content for the site while bringing forward fresh ideas.
You’ll work alongside TWC’s Deputy Editor to ensure that our social media channels are growing along nicely and that newsletters go out twice weekly.
As a junior staff writer, you’ll be a part of our rapidly growing title – that means meeting and greeting at trade shows, helping to ensure the commercial success of the title and attending press events (with some overseas travel).
What will the ideal candidate look like?
We’re looking for someone who can tick the boxes below – but above all, someone who is passionate about women’s cycling and wants to write and create content to help get more women on bikes.
- Excellent written English with natural, informal, entertaining writing style
- Good relationships with both industry leaders and ideally professional riders within UK women’s cycling
- Good working knowledge of WordPress or other CMS
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Suite for both video and photography
- Comfortable using Google Analytics
- Good grasp of how the main social networks work
- General awareness of web technologies
- Understanding of SEO
- Photography, videography, and editing skills an advantage
The best person for this job will be a women’s cycling advocate passionate about writing content, developing ideas and helping to inspire more women to ride bikes.