Salads are one of the easiest and healthiest snacks you can whip up in the kitchen before or after a ride. We love getting creative with ours, there are so many things out there to experiment with but this is one we’ve had on our radar for a while!
This American-Style Pistachio Salad has a lovely refreshing citrus kick to it, with the pistachio, apple and blue cheese working really well to tantilise your taste buds!
– 1 clove of chopped garlic
– 1 teaspoon of mustard
– 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
– 6 tablespoons of orange juice (one orange, freshly squeezed)
– 385 of mixed salad leaves
– 1 tart apple, quartered and sliced
– 65g of blue cheese, crumbled
– 130g of American pistachios
Whisk together the garlic, mustard, vinegar and orange juice and set to one side.
Then a large bowl mix the salad leaves, apple, blue cheese and pistachios and, drizzle the dressing over it before mixing through. Voila!