We get a sneak peek of the spring/ summer 2014 collection from Veela, a brand conceived, designed and manufactured in Italy. Here are my first impressions:
- The jersey and shorts feature a material that looks like lace. Their website is quick to dismiss it as being lace, stating it's a 4-way stretch mesh dressed up to look like lace! As Veela's slogan is 'Dress up your movement' which could perhaps explain the novel design.
- The jersey has one long rear pocket accessed from the right hand side as opposed to the traditional three. There is an additional waterproof zipped pocket on the rear and a front flapped pocket for essentials, perhaps the lipbalm that comes free with each item.
- The jersey is rather revealing due to the lace panels down the sides of the torso. On the up side, it could perhaps aid ventilation!
- Both the jersey and shorts are silky soft! The lycra is light, super stretchy and feels incredibly comfortable on.
- The chamois pad used in the shorts is by Cytech, one of the best manufacturers of pads on the market. Great to see Veela using quality components for their kit!
Available in sizes XS- L
Stockist: Veela Women