Well what can we say, except this bib short and jersey combo certainly caught our eye when it hit the TWC desks last week.
And of course with any slightly 'out there' piece of kit, a heated debate ensued. On one side of the fence sat the lovers. On the opposite side sat those who were adamant that polka dots and leopard print should never be placed side by side.
Here are our first impressions of the Santini Aero Bibshort and Jersey:
- It is certainly eye catching. The bright pink against the black and the addition of grey leopard print on the bib short straps and polka dots on the leg and jersey mean there is a LOT going on here. It may not be to everyone's taste but it will certainly make you stand out from the crowd.
- The bib shorts feel incredible. The lycra is super soft and the mesh bibshort straps also look very comfortable
- The chamois in the bib shorts is nice and thin and is equipped with small holes that we assume are there to aid ventilation.
- Speaking of ventilation, the polka dots on both the jersey and shorts mark mesh panels that aim to increase airflow when you are really working up a sweat. There are also mesh panels down the sides of the jersey.
- We are happy to see nice wide leg grippers on the legs of the shorts - we are really hoping this will eliminate the dreaded sausage legs.
- All in all this looks like high performance kit. But like Marmite, we feel the style might not be to everyone's tastes.
Also worth a read: