Love women’s cycling? Love writing, and bursting with article ideas? Ready to play a pivotal role in getting more women on bikes? We want to hear from you…
We’re looking for a new editor to head up the Total Women’s Cycling team. The main purpose of the role is to make sure that the site is constantly bustling with new and exciting women’s cycling content. The editor plans, then creates or commissions, every article on the site – so you’ll need lots of ideas and the ability to juggle a few plates at once.
You’ll work alongside TWC’s staff writer to ensure that our social media channels are growing along nicely, and that newsletters go out twice weekly.
As the editor, you’ll be the face of TWC – that means meeting and greeting at trade shows, helping to ensure the commercial success of the title, attending press events (with some overseas travel) and presenting the occasional award show…
What will the ideal candidate look like?
We’re looking for someone who can tick the boxes below – but above all, someone who is passionate about women’s cycling and wants to write and create content to help get more women on bikes.
- Excellent written English with natural, informal, entertaining writing style
- Good relationships with both industry leaders and ideally professional riders within UK women’s cycling
- Good working knowledge of WordPress or other CMS
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Suite for both video and photography
- Comfortable using Google Analytics
- Good grasp of how the main social networks work
- General awareness of web technologies
- Understanding of SEO
- Photography, videography, and editing skills an advantage
You’ll need to be a women’s cycling advocate, ideally already well integrated into the network of key influencers. The best person for the job will be a fast, organised worker who thrives on pressure in a target-driven culture, whilst still making time to analyse what worked, and what didn’t.
Sound like you? We’d love to hear from you.