Last Sunday, the Vulpine Cycling Fete saw riders of every age, discipline, size and shape descend on a picturesque French pub in Teddington, West London. Glorious sunshine, bike-themed activities and displays, and of course the Tour de France on the big screens made for a perfect summer weekend. Scroll down for our gallery of images.
Vulpine are a British cycle clothing brand that produce technical kit that looks stylish on and off the bike. Jools Walker, the sales and marketing manager for Vulpine, helped co-ordinate and run the bike-themed event.
"The fete is all about celebrating the best of British cycling, and celebrating the best of cycling related art and craft. It’s an all-inclusive affair; we want to welcome any kind of cyclist, no matter what their age.
There’s a real mix between men and women, groups, families, and individuals. It’s a real family day and that’s what we are after. Every aspect of cycling is covered for every kind of cyclist out there.
We want people to have the chance to meet some of the faces behind the brands. We'd love them to get involved with everything that’s going on, and interact with likeminded people who have a passion for cycling.
Hopefully, it will make people hungry for more!"
Activities and displays included;
- ‘Wheel of fortune’ with the Cyclist magazine.
- Face painting – for kids and adults
- Live frame building – the first time they've included this in their fetes.
- Rollapaluza – cyclists go head to head on static bikes.
- London Bike Kitchen, offered help and expertise on bike maintenance.
- Arts and crafts – lots of artists and designers showing their wares.
- Displays of various products and designers including hand-made frames.
Obviously, everything came to a standstill around 3.15 as everyone crowded round the screens to watch the end of Stage 15 of the Tour de France. People were literally yelling at the telly as Froome clinched another stage win in dramatic fashion.
Vulpine are vocal supporters of women's cycling. They are sponsors of the Matrix Fitness Academy women's team, and are poised to release a new range of women's clothing in the next few weeks.