Specialized Bikes are looking for the next generation of female ambassadors to help inspire and grow women's cycling. Applications are now open to every woman who enjoys riding her bike, be it mountain, road and anything in between.
If you're interested in joining their women's army of riders and cycl0-holics, then here's a few things that may describe you:
- A Rider: You demonstrate an authentic passion for cycling, and you're experienced in either road, mountain, touring or adventure riding.
- Involved: You're involved in your cycling community through cycling clubs, fitness groups, spin and/or leading group rides.
- Socially active: You're an engaged social media user with growing followers OR you're an engaged, in-person community leader (Eg. Did you start a club? Do you lead other groups? Etc.)
- Encouraging: You've been able to encourage and inspire others to take up riding or some other form of pedal-related fitness.
- Passionate: You want to get more women and girls riding bikes.
- Connected: You're open to, or already connected to, Specialized Retail Stores in your area.
- Ongoing Schedule: You're available to host at least one ride and attend one evening event per month on average, as well as organise 2 global recon rides per year.
If you think you tick some - or all - of these points, and you're thinking of applying then here's a few things that you'll get from becoming a Specialized women's ambassador:
- A Specialized women’s bicycle that suits your riding style: road, mountain, fitness, or adventure, along with all the kit necessary for your rides: helmet, shoes, all seasonal clothing, tools and lights.
- A Retül bike fit by our expert bike fitters at Specialized UK’s HQ.
- Official training in ride leading as well as a first aid qualification.
- Participation in the ambassador summit. We’ll be out in the country for a long weekend away doing what we do best, riding and getting to know each other.
- Ongoing support from Specialized in communicating rides or events that you organize, including increased promotion around two to three global ride events per year.
- Be part of the Specialized family!
As a Specialized ambassador, you'll be expected to:
- Host at least one ride per month, that starts and ends at a Specialized retailer.
- Attend one evening or afternoon women’s event with our retailers, representing Specialized to consumers.
- Host two global ride initiatives per year.
- Regular social media updates about yourself and your rides and allow Specialized to share or repost your content with credit given back to you.
- Maintain communication with others in the program through a closed group on Facebook, your Specialized retailer and with your Specialized contact.
- Potentially take part in Specialized photoshoots for new products and new campaigns.
For more information, head over to the Specialized website here. Or go to ahead and make an application, enter here. Applications are open until March 31st, and the lucky selected will be announced in April. Good luck!