There's been a definite increase in interest around long distance cycling challenges over the last few months - and the Adventure Syndicate is a group of women who want to get more of us involved.
With the infamous Transcontinental race opening entry for the 2017 event yesterday, interest is higher than ever and the Syndicate are hosting events this and next week to inspire and support those teetering on the edge, as well as fully fledged bicycle explorers.
The events, they say, are suitable for anyone who ticks any of these boxes...
- If you think you might want to compete in a race like the Transcontinental, RAAM or the TransAm, enter London-Edinburgh-London next year, or join the Deloitte Ride Across Britain, this is the event for you.
- If you're already an experienced ultra-racer, this is the event for you.
- If you've done a bit, and want to do more, this is the event for you.
- If you've signed up for a long-distance event, and are terrified, this is the event for you.
- If you're secretly interested in long distance cycling, but don't even know where to start, this is the event for you.
- If you definitely aren't a racer, but like riding your bike a really long way, this is the event for you.
- If you've only ever cycled 20 miles in one go, but think you'd like to do an ultra-distance event in a few years' time, this is the event for you.
- If you're looking for new friends who share your weird cycling habits, this is the event for you.
There are three events. The first takes place in Manchester, this evening (Tuesday, November 8 sorry for the late notice!). This will be at Rapha Manchester (5 St Ann's Passage, Manchester M2 6AD) from 6.30pm. Speakers include Emily Chappell, Lee Craigie, Paula Regener, Zara Mair and Katie Ford - there's more information here.
After that, the crew heads to Glasgow. This event takes place on Thursday November 10 at Siempre Bicycle Cafe (162 Dumbarton Road, Glasgow, G11 6XE), speakers will be Emily Chappell, Lee Craigie, Paula Regener, Zara Mair and Katie Ford and there's more info here.
Then on Wednesday November 16 the group will move to Bristol, for an evening at Roll For The Soul (2 Quay Street, BS1 2JL) with Emily Chappell, Gaby Leveridge and Rickie Cotter. There's more info on that one here.
If you can't make these dates - never fear! The Adventure Syndicate are hosting plenty more similar events, including an exciting looking winter lecture series - keep up to date with the calendar here.