SCOTT Sports are a US brand with a long history in both the bicycle and snow-sports industries. They’re known not only for their hardware, but also their soft goods – producing clothing and impact protection packed full of technology and features.
We’ve got in an MTB jersey and top from SCOTT’s AMT Women’s Range to test. The AMT here stands for All Mountain Tech, and these garments are designed to cope with riding on rough terrain.
Both the jersey and shorts are in what SCOTT call their relaxed fit, so they should feel loose but not baggy.
So here are our first thoughts:
SCOTT AMT Short-Sleeved Jersey
The SCOTT AMT short sleeved jersey is eye catching in a lovely deep blue cover. Both the jersey and shorts are part of what SCOTT call their Lightweight Concept range; super-light garments you barely notice you are wearing.
- The hems are laser cut and welded, rather than stitched, which looks neat and means fewer threads to catch, and less things to rub on your skin.
- The logo and care instructions are printed inside the jersey. Although there is also a fabric tab, this can be cut out, so you hopefully won’t have anything inside that might rub or cause discomfort.
- A small pocket with a velcro fastening on the back will provide a little storage space.
- The technical fabric includes ChitoSante, a product that’s incorporated into the fabric to provide antimicrobial properties, as well as stopping it feel sticky with static.
Price: RRP £69.99
More info: SCOTT
SCOTT AMT MTB Shorts
Like the jersey, these shorts do feel incredibly lightweight. There’s a slight stretch to the fabric which will help with freedom of movement, and the colour co-ordinates with the jersey if that’s your bag.
- Laser cut ventilation holes on the sides of the short should provide ventilation when riding in warm weather.
- The lightweight fabric is also wind and water resistant, due to its DWR coating.
- Velcro pull tabs on the waistband mean the fit can be easily adjusted.
- Like the jersey, the hems are welded rather than stitched which should reduce the chances of it rubbing on your legs.
More info: SCOTT Sports