People are falling in love every day... with cycling, that is. Women are cycling their way to new lives, pedalling for fitness and even for freedom. This simple machine has bought forth change and opportunity for women across the world, and throughout history. One way to commemorate something so important and personal, is to tattoo it.
Tattoos are becoming more socially acceptable. TV shows both glamorise and condemn the body art form, but whether you're for/against tattoos, you can't deny that some of these cycling inspired pieces aren't the coolest!
If you’re mad about cycling and are looking for some inspiration for your first, or next, piece, of body art then we're here to help.
- Simple and cute, we love this elegant little bicycle design
2/3/4. The cycopath gene, we all have it
5. We love these matching wheel, cog and chain hearts
6. The power of chain links
7/8/9. Kick it old school with some Penny Farthing madness
10. A lovely and subtle line sketch style...
11. Tattoo that perfect mountain bike scene
12. That's a whole lot of love for riding
13 & 14. One for the perfectionists. Never again forget the anatomy of a bike, or your bike fit measurements!
15/16/17. Cycle fairies do exist! Pedal if you believe...
18.Who wouldn't want to shred it on the moon?
19. Go digital
20. Awesome split-design!
21 & 22.Why the heck not, eh?
23. How about an inspiring quote?
24. A new take on the infinity sign
25. Delicate and wonderful. Cycle with love!
26. Not all tattoos have to be big and bold...
27. We just love this realistic 3D design
28 & 29. Bright flowers and splashes of colour
30/31/32. Riding a bike is a balancing act, and so it carrying spares!
33. We're happiest when were out riding bikes!
34. Use a chain-ring to frame that perfect cycling image
35. Sometimes it feels like the bike is apart of us
36. If they don't motivate you, nothing will!
37 & 38. "A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle" - Not sure about the dinosaur though.
39 & 40. We'll ride anything while we have a pulse!
41 & 42. Riding like you have wings. Wouldn't that be nice for those bumpy bits!
43. Earn your turns!
44/45/46. Bicycles and trees go hand in hand
47. We love this retro realistic bike tattoo
48. Some more colour realistic pieces of body art with such crazy detail
49. Because broomsticks are so last Halloween
50. Capture that perfect ride forever
If you're not ready for skin, you can always tattoo your bike!
Whether you like tattoos or not, you can't deny that these are fine pieces of cycling art. However you wear them, hang them on your wall or decorate your bike with, having some cycling inspiration in your life can do wonders for motivation.
You may also enjoy: