We love baking ride goodies to fuel us for our cycling adventures, and we also love making recovery creations for the post-ride fill-up too. This spring, we’ve fallen in love with the highly underestimated fruit: cherries.
Having teamed up with the cherry experts, USA Montmorency Tart Cherries, we’ve learnt that not only do they taste good, there’s a wealth of nutritional and body benefits to be gained by introducing these little red orbs into your diet.
With the expert’s help, we’ve been busy whipping up a storm in the kitchen with a number of delicious cherry recipes to boost your pedal power, and soothe your aching muscles whilst remaining healthy, and easy to make. The video recipe series will cover:
- Montmorency Tart Cherry Matcha Smoothie (watch here)
- Double chocolate cherry cookies (watch here)
- Tart Cherry power gummies (watch here)
- Tart Cherry Smoothie Bowl
- Basil cherry cucumber quinoa salad picnic jar
Tart Cherry Smoothie Bowl: You'll need...
- 1 cup frozen Montmorency tart cherries
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup Montmorency tart cherry juice
- 1 Medjool date
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup granola
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
Blend all smoothie ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth . Pour into bowl.
Top with your toppings of choice, and enjoy!
If that wasn’t easy enough, check out the short video below of us making our own in the TWC kitchen.
For further information about the health benefits of cherries, and for inspiration on how you can introduce them into your diet, head over the the CMI website here.