The Eagle Arm pose releases tension in the upper back and shoulders offering a great stretch for the muscles. Great to relieve tension built up in the back and shoulders from hours sat in the saddle.
How to do the Eagle arm pose:
- You can do this pose either standing up or sitting on the heels
- Take the right elbow on top of the left elbow
- Ensure the right elbow is snug into the crook of the left
- Wrap the arms around each other
- You may be able to take the palms together
- Squeeze the elbows together, relax the shoulders away from the ears and lift the elbows up to shoulder height as you gently move the hands away from you
- Drop the chin slightly in towards the chest
- Breathe into the upper back. Stay for 5 - 10 breaths then release and repeat on the other side.
What to watch for:
- Donʼt worry if you canʼt touch the palms together, just wrap the arms as much as possible, you will still get the same benefits.
Our instructor is Polly Clark; yoga teacher and founder of Mountain Yoga Breaks who offer weekends combining mountain biking and yoga in the beautiful Welsh countryside.